Description provided by the program
The Costume program draws on four theaters, supporting 9 major productions yearly. The department also houses a film program and services a television broadcast/cable program (which offers an additional number of projects yearly.) There are further opportunities for work on advanced student-directed productions and films. Shops are student-hired, with positions in stitching, crafts, show supervision and makeup arts, allowing students to support themselves in their proposed profession.
Areas of Focus
- Dennis Wright: Costume Rendering and Design.
- Rory Scanlon: Advanced Studies & Studio Design.
- Jessica Cowden: Costume Crafts, Makeup and Construction
- Deanne DeWitt: Draping and Construction
- Rebekah Jackson: Draping and Construction
General Contact Information
Brigham Young University
D-581, Harris Fine Arts Center
Provo, UT. 84602