Description provided by the program
The Costume program draws on four theaters, supporting 9 major productions yearly. The department also houses a film program and services a television broadcast/cable program (which offers an additional number of projects yearly.) There are further opportunities for work on advanced student-directed productions and films. Shops are student-hired, with positions in stitching, crafts, show supervision and makeup arts, allowing students to support themselves in their proposed profession.
Areas of Focus
- Mary Farahnakian: History, Construction and Preservation.
- Rory Scanlon: Costume Rendering and Design.
- Donnette Perkins: Costume Crafts and Construction
- Deanne DeWitt: Draping and Construction
- Mary Jane Wadley: Draping and Construction
General Contact Information
Brigham Young University
D-581, Harris Fine Arts Center
Provo, UT. 84602