Description provided by the program
Students work with PlayMakers Repertory Company's professional staff, guest and resident designers to produce a six show LORT D season combining professional practice with classes focusing on the attitudes, skills and crafts necessary in costume production. Students have the opportunity to work with the vintage collection, the on-line catalog, Costar. Graduates of the program are working at New York City Ballet, Tricorne, Eric Winterling, Metropolitan Opera, LA Opera, McCarter Theatre, University of Alabama and University of Virginia.
Areas of Focus
- Judy Adamson: Draping, Patternmaking, Construction.
- McKay Coble: Resident Designer, Design.
- Bobbi Owen: Resident Designer, Costume History, Design.
- Jan Chambers: Resident Designer, Costume Design.
- Jennifer Guadagno: Assistant Costume Director
- Rachel Pollock: Costume Crafts
- Ana Walton: Wardrobe Supervisor
- Alex Ruba: Technician, Loans and Acquisitions
- Occassional: Overhire stitchers
General Contact Information
Judy Adamson, Head of Costume Production
Center for Dramatic Art, CB#3230
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3230
919-843-9816 (costume shop)
919-962-1132 (departmental office)