Description provided by the program
UMKC is a Professional Training Program which offers a single combined MFA in Costume Design and Technology. Exceptional students have the opportunity to work with the Kansas City Repertory Theatre and three other professional theatres in Kansas City as part of their curriculum. Since our degree includes both design and technology, there is an emphasis on figure drawing and rendering for portfolio preparation as well as historic and innovative costume construction techniques.
Areas of Focus
- Lindsay W. Davis: Costume Design and Technology.
- Sarah M. Oliver: Costume Technology.
- Margret Fenske: UMKC Costume Shop Manager
- Gayla Voss: Kansas City Repertory Theatre Costume Shop Manager
- Michele Richmond: Head Cutter & Draper
- Kathleen Bradford: Kansas City Repertory Theatre Cutter and Draper
General Contact Information
Cynthia Stofiel, Academic Advisor
Department of Theatre
University of Missouri
Kansas City, MO 64110-2499