Description provided by the program
We offer a professional training program in costume design and costume technology, mentored by working professionals. The goal of the program is to prepare the student for a professional career in the entertainment industry. Students will work on productions in a variety of venues and performance genres. Graduate design students will design at least one production each semester of the three-year program. The program has ongoing relationships with the Alley Theatre, Houston Ballet and Houston Grand Opera.
Areas of Focus
- Kevin Rigdon: Head of Graduate Design.
- Paige A. Willson: Costume Design andTechnology.
- Claremarie Verheyen: Costume History..
- Barbara Niederer: Head of Costume Technology.
- Margaret Crowley: Costume Shop Supervisor, Cutter/Draper, Instructor
General Contact Information
Kevin Rigdon/Paige A. Willson
School of Theatre and Dance
University of Houston
Houston, Texas 77204-4016