Description provided by the program
Temple University offers a comprehensive program in costume design for the theater that combines rigorous scholarship with intensive, hands-on production work. In the classroom, students study costume design, costume construction and craft techniques, drawing and rendering, dramatic literature and visual history. Outside of the classroom, students design and build full-scale productions of plays and musicals presented as Temple's Main Stage season.
Areas of Focus
- Marie Anne Chiment: Professor, Head of Costume Design. Teaching: Costume Design I, II and III, Theatrical Make-Up Design, Graduate Ensemble Practicum.
- Fred Duer: Professor, Department Chair, Head of Design. Teaching: Scenic Design I, II, and III, Model Building, History of Décor.
- Jennielyn Streed: Costume Shop Manager. Teaching: Costume Production, Draping and Flat Patterning.
- Kevin Ross: Master Cutter, Draper, and Tailor
- Lisa Raymond: Costume Technician
General Contact Information
Theater Department Chair and Head of Design Temple University Theater Department Tomlinson Theater
1301 West Norris Street
Philadelphia, PA 19122