Description provided by the program
The MFA in costume design focuses on the creative process in interpreting, through a visual, three-dimensional medium, the production objectives of a given dramatic, musical, or dance work. The students are required to take a series of technical courses as well as design courses. The BFA degree with an emphasis in design and technology provides broad and intensive education in theatre production, which includes the sub-disciplines of costumes, scenery, properties, lights, sound and special effects, and the design and/or construction of each.
Areas of Focus
- Melanie Parks: Associate Dean.
- Lori Hartenhoff: Costume Technology.
- Michelle Floersch: Costume Technology.
- Jeremy Floyd: Costume Design and Technology.
- Also: 1 full time draper/ assistant shop manager
- Also: work study students
General Contact Information
Melanie Parks, Professor/Associate Dean
College of Visual and Performing Arts
School of Theatre and Dance
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, IL 60115