Description provided by the program
Our design and production program includes an extensive array of costume courses in design, history, patterning, crafts, rendering and makeup. The students have the opportunity to work in three different theatres on 10 mainstage productions and in a black box theatre on student produced productions. Our season includes five dramas, two musicals, two operas and one dance concert. The combination of faculty and staff allows the students to learn from working professionals in residence and guest artists. Talented, advanced students also design in all three venues. In fall 2006 the Department of Theatre & Drama moved into a new building, the Walgreen Drama Center, housing the new Arthur Miller Theatre, the only theatre the late playwright sanctioned to use his name. The Department is celebrating in 2015-2016 its 100th anniversary as the oldest public university granting degrees in Theatre & Drama.
Areas of Focus
- Jessica Hahn: Costume Design (4 levels), History of Dress, History of 20th C. Dress, Makeup, Costume Crafts and Costume Construction, Curator of Historic Costume Collection.
- Christianne Myers: Costume Crafts, Costume Construction, Makeup, Rendering, Puppetry.
- Laura Brinker: Costume Shop Manager
- Leslie Ann Smith: Associate Costume Shop Manager, Draper
- Lea Morello: Draper
- T. J. Williamson: Draper
- Sarah Lankenau: Draper
- Elizabeth Gunderson: Crafts Artisan
- Calvin Schwartz: Wardrobe Supervisor
- Theresa Hartman: Stock Manager
General Contact Information
Professor Jessica Hahn
Head of Design & Production
Department of Theatre and Drama
University of Michigan
Walgreen Drama Center
1226 Murfin Avenue
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-1212