Description provided by the program
The BA in Theatre with Costume Emphasis trains students in assisting designers, stitching, first hand and crafts on productions. The MFA program in Design emphasizes theatre design plus opera, dance and film with a secondary emphasis of technology, including flat patterning, draping, crafts, wig and makeup design, millinery and fabric modification. Each MFA design student will design from three to six shows while at FSU. There are occasional opportunities for students to work with the Asolo Repertory Theatre in Sarasota. Courses also include Advance Costume Rendering, Costume Rendering Workshop (which includes life drawing sessions) and Computer Rendering for Costume Design. The Costume History Seminar class includes both scholarly research papers as well as researching from the vintage clothing collection. Three assistantships available each year for incoming graduate students covering full tuition waiver and stipend.
- Colleen Muscha: Design, History, Crafts, Millinery, Fabric Modification, Rendering.
- Martha Cooper: Patterning, Wigs & Makeup.
- Claire Walker: Shop Manager
- Michelle Belson: Costumer, Stock Supervisor
- Sarah Jahnke: Costume Shop Supervisor
- Min Jae Kim: Costumer, Stock Supervisor
- Also: Overhire as needed
General Contact Information
School of Theatre FAB 325
Florida State University
530 West Call Street
Tallahassee, FL 32306-1160