Description provided by the program
Costume design consists of an intensive, disciplined study of design, history, script analysis, rendering, figure drawing, pattern making, and construction crafts. Students have many actual production design and construction opportunities in theatre, film, puppetry, and dance. In addition to design, students are expected to become proficient in basic pattern making and crafts. Course work in undergrad Technology includes opportunities for Internships in the Los Angeles area.
Areas of Focus
- Ellen McCartney: Director of Design and Production; Head of Costume Program/MFA Design, BFA Design.
- Martha Ferrara: BFA Design.
- Karen Murk Potter: Costume Shop Director
- Tanya Lee: Costume Shop Manager / Head Draper
- Victor Sandoval Torres: Assistant Shop Manager / Wardrobe
General Contact Information
Ellen McCartney,Director of Design and Production
Head of Costume Program
CalArts School of Theatre
24700 McBean Pkwy
Valencia CA 91355-2397