Description provided by the program
A 3-year, full time BA (Hons) Degree program where the student is able to combine or specialize in scenography, costume design for screen, costume supervision or costume interpretation across all genres of theatre, film and TV costume work. The programme offers opportunities for International exchange and strong links to industry through work placement. This course is suitable for graduates or professionals who wish to further their learning and qualifications. In June 2014 the Department is opening its doors to a series of specialist costume summer short courses of 1-2 weeks duration. For further details please visit our website.
Areas of Focus
- Rebecca Pride: Course Leader. Costume Supervision, Set and costume design for theatre.
- Adele Keeley: Costume and Set Design and Technology, CAD..
- Mandy Barrington: Textiles, Design and Interpretation.
- Wayne Martin: Costume Interpretation, Millinery, History of Costume.
- Will Hargreaves: Set and Costume Design for Theatre..
- Katerina Lawton: Costume Interpretation, Tailoring.
- Bunny Winter: Film Costume Supervision and Design.
- Sarah Magill: Costume Interpretation, Pattern Drafting, Textiles.
- Dr. John Croose: Contextual Study.
- Alison Hart: Senior Technician Demonstrator with responsibility for Dye Room and Millinery
- Amy Watt: Technician Demonstrator with responsibility for Costume Supervision and Costume for film
- Sam Edwards: Technician Demonstrator with responsibility for Modelmaking and CAD for Set Design
- Current Vacant Post: Technician Demonstrator with responsibility for costume Interpretation
General Contact Information
Rebecca Pride, Course Leader
The Arts University at Bournemouth
Wallisdown, Poole, Dorset
BH12 5HH UK
44 (0) 1202 363268
FAX 44 (0) 1202 537729