Description provided by the program
Syracuse University's Theatre Design and Technology program offers conservatory-style training in partnership with a LORT theater at a world-class university. Through our connection to Syracuse Stage (professional shop builds department productions), our students work directly in shop with professional staff and designers. Undergrad students design studio and mainstage productions. Semester abroad in England with the London College of Fashion or Rose Bruford College in Sidcup; or in Florence, Italy is possible in the junior year. Semester in NYC through the Tepper Center for Careers in Theater in the final semester of the senior year is also an option. Qualified students may apply for professional internship credits with the Syracuse Stage costume shop or other approved venues. Academic requirements outside of theater allow for a well-rounded education.
Areas of Focus
- Maria Marrero: Costume Design, Program Coordinator for Theatre Design and Technology.
- Felix E. Cochren: Costume and Set Design.
- Gretchen Darrow-Crotty: Costumer, Syracuse Stage and Drama, Construction, Draping and Tailoring
- Mallory Kay Nelson: Assistant Costumer, Construction, Costume Production
- Sandra Knapp: Craftsperson, Costume Crafts
General Contact Information
Maria Marrero, Professor
820 E Genesee St.
Syracuse, NY 13210